The State of Infusionsoft: 2017 Recap and What's to Come
by Clate Mask
As the co-founder and CEO of Infusionsoft, I often get asked what’s new at Infusionsoft. Now, I’m bringing the updates to the masses. Each quarter, I will share an update on how the company is doing, including notable milestones we achieved, product updates, and our growth plans.
Since this is my first update this year, I will start with a recap on 2017, and then I’ll end by sharing our high-level vision and goals for 2018.
We had a lot of work to do in 2017 to grow the business, drive customer success, innovate and lead the market. We refocused our corporate strategy, grounded in customer understanding and market insights. We have driven clarity in our product strategy and quickened the pace of our product improvements and innovation. All this enabled us to deliver some great wins for customers and partners. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights from this past year and learn what is in store for 2018:
- 2017 ended with 35,000 customers, nearly 150,000 users, and thousands of partners
- The pace of customer acquisition is quickening after a record-breaking fourth quarter
- Delivered more than 500 usability enhancements and new product features
- Launched a new product, Landing Pages
- Launched a Starter Edition and a free trial version after strong demand
- Developed a new product for solopreneurs who aren’t looking for as much power as our current users, with plans to launch to the broader market this year
- Created vertical specific campaigns and simplified the getting started experience
- Reformulated our Partner strategy to empower customer success through our Partners
- We’ve worked hard over the past couple years to get to break even cash flow and profitability, doing what most VC-backed companies never accomplish
- Added a new CRO and several VPs from global small business SaaS companies
- Opened two new offices in key markets, San Francisco and Atlanta, with plans to hire 100 new roles in 2018
Without a doubt, 2017 was a big year for Infusionsoft, with many lessons learned and wins to celebrate.
- You’ll see us take Confusionsoft head on and solidify Infusionsoft as the market leader in CRM for Small Business
- Our product initiatives are narrowed, focused and aligned with growing customers, improving their experience, and increasing customer value
- We have some great product innovations coming:
- Partner Edition, a client and campaign management tool designed to help Infusionsoft Partners, specifically marketing agencies and consultants, reduce the administrative time and manual tasks it takes to service small business clients
- Completely redesigned UI to all customers and a new product targeted at serving the needs of millions solopreneurs, a segment we haven’t historically been able to serve with our current platform
The momentum we built last year is definitely carrying over into 2018, but it’s important to note that we’re not done, not even close. Our Mission is to simplify growth for millions of small businesses worldwide. Small businesses need us to continue to grow and innovate and lead the market, so they can succeed. And their success is the sole purpose of Infusionsoft.
Let’s all go have a great 2018!