Online Model Train Business Wins $10,000 in the 'Infusionsoft Pitch the Switch' YouTube Video Contest
Marketing automation key to small business' 25 percent sales growth
(Gilbert, Ariz.) Dec. 8, 2010 –Scott Griggs, owner of Georgia-based Trainz, a 22-person firm that buys and sells model trains online, just won $10,000 and a free one-year subscription to Infusionsoft's marketing automation software suite in the ‘Pitch the Switch' YouTube Video contest. A customer since 2009, Griggs uses the Infusionsoft all-in-one marketing automation suite to manage and capture more leads for his growing five million dollar business; segment customers and prospects based on interests and buying history; send targeted, personalized emails; and increase sales conversions resulting in greater revenue.
Griggs, like many Infusionsoft customers, was using two separate systems as part of his marketing and sales process; one software database to store all contacts, and the other to send email marketing, resulting in the typical import/export dance that so many small businesses face. The two systems didn't talk to one another so managing information was manual. As well, critical customer data, like buying history and interests among others never made it to the email marketing side, resulting in mass-emails-to-all that increased opt-outs rather than targeted emails that convert and increase loyalty. His growing business needed a more robust, feature-rich tool to increase the efficacy of his current marketing, and give him the capabilities to do more across more marketing channels. He turned to Infusionsoft for its rich feature set that combines email marketing, CRM, lead nurturing, e-commerce and automation.
Since becoming an Infusionsoft customer Trainz has seen a 25 percent increase in revenue.
"Infusionsoft is ingrained in every part of our business and it has boosted our team's efficiency tremendously," said Griggs. "When I heard about the Pitch the Switch content I was, of course, excited about the opportunity to win $10,000, but I was also anxious to share my secret with other business owners. Infusionsoft has changed my business and I can't imagine living without it. Any growing business looking to scale operations, boost efficiency and increase revenue needs Infusionsoft."
Highlights from the ‘Pitch the Switch' Contest
- Customers confessed their love for what Infusionsoft has enabled them to do in the ‘Pitch the Switch' YouTube contest. Users talked about the various systems they outgrew and explained how Infusionsoft has changed their business.
- 15 finalists were chosen and encouraged to drive people to their videos to vote.
- The top-four winners based on online votes were: Trainz with 3,686 votes, Raw Foods Witch with 1,228 votes, Dustin Mathews with 670 votes and Marketing Ninjas with 301 votes.
- Trainz's favorite feature is the Infusionsoft automation engine that can be triggered by more than hundreds of actions a contact takes, which helps him better follow up with those customers and prospects in a super-targeted way.
- Trainz plans to give each employee $100 because of their help in driving votes. Griggs plans to invest the remainder of the winnings back into his business to fuel further growth.
Trainz buy and sells a lot of trains. Owner Scott Griggs has been in the model train business for almost 30 years now from the start in 1975 in his parent's garage. Trainz offers a variety of items and constantly adding to its selection.