Mar 4, 2015
Infusionsoft selects three small business owners from across the world to share their entrepreneurial stories at ICON15
(Chandler, Arizona, March 4, 2015) Regardless of business model, location, industry or tenure, small business owners that leverage technology and modern marketing practices are achieving higher levels of success. Three such small businesses owners will share their success stories during Infusionsoft’s annual small business conference, ICON15, in Phoenix, AZ March 31 – April 2.
These small business owners are exploring innovative new business models, liberating themselves from their desks, gaining back hours in their day, spending more time with loved ones, growing sales and boosting profits. They are tapping into mobile solutions, social media, smart lead generation, nurture and conversion strategies, and great direct and online sales tactics while leveraging technology to provide an overall exceptional customer experience.
These entrepreneurs were selected as finalists in Infusionsoft’s 2015 Small Business ICON competition, which celebrates outstanding small businesses that are using Infusionsoft and modern marketing practices to transform their operations. In addition to the three finalists, seven Best-in-Class winners were selected based on their sales and marketing strategy, Infusionsoft implementation and results.
“We know running a small business is really hard. Entrepreneurial grit alone isn’t enough. Focusing on just the day-to-day isn’t enough. Relying on technology isn’t enough. But when small business owners combine grit, marketing strategy and technology, that is when they succeed,” says Clate Mask, co-founder and CEO of Infusionsoft. “These three finalists are choosing success and they exemplify what modern small business owners look like today.”
The three entrepreneurs who’ll take the stage at ICON15 this year are:
- Brian Young of Home Painters Toronto: Young, owner of a full-service painting company, says he started his business by cold calling and going door-to-door as a one man army. He buckled down and started researching everything from PPC, blogging strategies, CRM to marketing automation, social media and more. In just over a two year period, Young changed the game and grew his sales by 300 percent.
- Damien Sanchez of DC Mosquito Squad: Sanchez, a full-time firefighter as well as an entrepreneur, operates a seasonal business with the potential for high turnover from year-to-year. Through a blend of tried and true marketing and a commitment to trying new strategies, he has been able to achieve a 75 percent customer renewal rate. All his efforts have resulted in Sanchez growing his customer base by four times since 2012.
- Lamar Tyler of Tyler New Media: Lamar and his wife took a small personal blog and turned it into an international brand in less than five years by leveraging live events and great marketing automation practices. They use lead generation tactics like offering free video content, nurture campaigns that present prospects with content for purchase and other modern marketing tactics.
The three finalists will share their stories on stage at ICON15 for a chance to win $10,000 and international bragging rights as Infusionsoft’s 2015 Small Business ICON. Attendees of the small business conference will vote for this year’s winner, and the results will be announced Wednesday, April 1.
The 2015 Small Business ICON Best-in-Class winners are:
- Social Media Marketing: Louise Hendon of Paleo Living Magazine
- Lead Generation: Rick Anderson of Fitness Together
- Lead Nurture and Conversion: Martin Harold of John Paul University
- Online Sales: Tim Broom of ITProTV
- Direct Sales: Jeff Dyson of Kooler Ice
- Customer Experience: Genevieve Sheehan of Shamrock Vacations
- CustomerHub by Infusionsoft: Rich Fettke of Real Wealth Network
ICON15 will bring together 3,000 small business owners and entrepreneurs from around the world to network, learn and share business growth strategies. The speaker lineup includes author and entrepreneur Sally Hogshead, and Johnny Earle, founder of Johnny Cupcakes.
Registration and additional information is available at: http://www.attendicon.com
Infusionsoft is on a mission to simplify sales and marketing for millions of small businesses. The company focuses solely on empowering small business success and provides a powerful, integrated sales and marketing automation solution. Combining CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce and payments solutions into one platform, with a vibrant marketplace of apps, integrations and partners, Infusionsoft helps small businesses scale their sales and marketing and accelerate growth. The privately held, eight-time Inc. 500/5000 company is based in Chandler, Arizona and is funded by Goldman Sachs, Bain Capital Ventures, Mohr Davidow Ventures and Signal Peak Ventures. For more information, visit www.infusionsoft.com, or the Infusionsoft blog.