Mar 14, 2017
(Chandler, Arizona – March 14, 2017) – Today, Infusionsoft announces the finalists in the 2017 Small Business ICON contest. The annual contest recognizes small businesses who achieved high levels of business growth using Infusionsoft’s platform and ecosystem.
“My favorite thing about ICON is seeing our small business finalists on the main stage sharing their success stories,” said Clate Mask, co-founder and CEO of Infusionsoft. “When small businesses succeed, it benefits their families, their communities, and impacts the entire global economy, and that’s worth celebrating. Their stories ignite attendees’ passions, and serve as a source of inspiration, motivation, and education to entrepreneurs everywhere.”
One small business will be announced as the Grand Prize winner at Infusionsoft’s annual ICON user conference this April and be awarded $10,000.
2017 Small Business ICON finalists:
African Leadership University – Pamplemousses, Mauritius, Rwanda
Fred Swaniker founded the African Leadership University (ALU) to develop future African leaders. ALU had leads falling through the cracks while exhausting their on-the-ground recruiting efforts between inefficient, nonstop traveling to nonstop follow-up phone calls. Realizing their methods were laborious and unreliable, they decided to automate their systems and create a marketing funnel for their application process. Within eight months of implementing Infusionsoft, ALU achieved an impressive 1,370% increase in revenue and a 292% enrollment increase.
Dierk’s Farms – Ava, Illinois, USA
Dierks Farms has been a grass fed beef cattle operation since 1881. In 2015, the United States Department of Agriculture gave the farming operation a grant to support their marketing endeavors. The family business decided to branch out from selling on the traditional cattle market to selling directly to the consumer. They used Infusionsoft’s shopping cart and e-commerce system technology to manage their online operation, from handling repeat orders to automating responses to orders and price inquiries. Within nine months, Dierk’s Farms added 452 customers, an impressive 1,270% increase from just 33, and in the process grew revenues 76%.
Kickstagram – San Diego, California, USA
To help businesses increase brand awareness and drive sales, Ronan Galvin and Casey Mathews developed software to help their client’s automate increase engagement on Instagram. Unfortunately, Kickstagram’s onboarding process was complicated and disorganized and left customers confused as to next steps once they purchased their software. That’s when the co-founders decided to leverage Infusionsoft to create an automated and seamless experience. Within eight months, the small business achieved a 282% increase in revenue and a 336% increase in customers.
In addition to announcing this year’s finalists, four best-in-class winners are being announced for using industry-leading practices in specific competition categories. The winners are:
- Lead Generation: Susan Bradley, Wee Squeak – Buffalo, New York, USA
- Lead Nurture: Pete Williams, Infiniti Telecommunications – St Kilda, Victoria, Australia
- Sales: Jessica Johnson, Bodify – Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Customer Experience: Ben Werlin, Such a Voice – South Burlington, Vermont, USA
In addition, Infusionsoft launched its first ICON Partner Showcase Award to recognize and celebrate outstanding partners in the Infusionsoft ecosystem. The partner finalists will be given the opportunity to showcase their business and success of their clients before thousands of attendees at the conference.
2017 Partner Showcase Award finalists:
- Get U Wired’s Dobbin Buck for his team’s work with Virtuance. Dobbin and the cabin-based GetUWired Team helped the real estate photography company grow their list size by 967%, customer base by more than 789% and cut hundreds of hours in manual labor.
- PTEX Group’s Meny Hoffman for his work with Bonei Olam. PTEX Group's Lifecycle Marketing team helped Bonei Olam’s fundraising manager generate 50% more in annual revenue, increase their contact list by 100%, and grow the nonprofit organization to $1.5M in annual revenue.
- Business Tech Ninja’s Melodie Moore for her work with MuTu System. Melodie helped the health, wellness and fitness business double their revenue, grow their contact list by nearly 550%, and create a seamless process for the customer service team to deliver their offerings more efficiently.
Registration and additional information is available at http://attendicon.com/
Today, more than 130,000 users worldwide rely on the Infusionsoft Platform to build personal and lasting connections with customers. Infusionsoft provides small businesses with trusted and proven expertise, a powerful platform for sales and marketing automation, and an ecosystem of partners, apps and integrations. By combining CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce, payments and analytics into one platform, Infusionsoft gives small businesses insight into what’s happening with customers at every stage of the lifecycle. Founded in 2001, Infusionsoft is privately held and headquartered in Chandler, AZ. To learn more about how Infusionsoft is solving the biggest growth challenges for small businesses, visit www.infusionsoft.com.