May 14, 2014
3,000 Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs Gathered for the Ultimate Event for Small Business Success
(Chandler, Ariz. – May 14, 2014) - Infusionsoft, creator of the leading sales and marketing software for small businesses, hosted approximately 3,000 small business owners, entrepreneurs, partners and influencers at its annual small business conference, ICON14, in Phoenix at the Convention Center. The conference included keynotes from thought leaders such as Seth Godin, Peter Shankman, Simon Sinek, JJ Ramberg of CNBC and Infusionsoft Co-Founder and CEO Clate Mask.
Julie Goldman, CEO and Founder
The Original Runner Company
“What I love about ICON is that it brings together thousands of people from around the world who are all passionate about small business and entrepreneurship. I made new friends, learned new strategies and left better prepared to run my small business. The conference gets bigger and better every year, and I can’t wait for ICON15 next year.”
Highlights of the conference included:
- Record attendance: 3,000 small business owners from around the world attended keynotes, breakout sessions and networking events tailored to foster small business success. Approximately 3,400 more people joined the conversation on Infusionsoft’s Livestream.
- A total of 54 unique, educational break-out sessions for small businesses provided ways for attendees to learn and network. Three tracks focused exclusively on Infusionsoft’s family of products and services – Infusionsoft Basic, Advanced and Stories tracks. This year’s breakout lineup also included three tracks focused on general small business education for Infusionsoft users and non-users – Big Ideas, Lifecycle Marketing and Developer tracks.
- Small Business ICON: Lisa and Hamish Macqueen, founders of CleanCorp, were named the 2014 Small Business ICON. The company was awarded $10,000 to invest in their business and an all-expenses-paid trip to Infusionsoft’s headquarters for a one-day strategy session.
- Battle of the Apps: Daniel Kurt and Parag Jagdale, founders of Revenue Conduit, were named the 2014 Kick Apps Champions. The makers of the tool which allows Infusionsoft users to integrate with many popular ecommerce solutions, were awarded $10,000 cash and a day of mentorship with Infusionsoft executives.
- Donation to Mentors International: ICON14 attendees donated more than $21,000 to Mentors International, a non-profit group that extends microloans to budding entrepreneurs in developing economies. Infusionsoft matched these donations dollar for dollar, bringing the total donation to $42,000 for entrepreneurs across the world.
Clate Mask, CEO and Co-Founder
“Even after eight years of doing this, ICON14 exceeded our expectations. Being a small business owner can be a lonely job. The opportunity to bring these passionate, hardworking professionals together to learn from industry leaders and share ideas among peers is really what makes this event a can’t-miss for everyone in small business success. That’s really what makes it rewarding for us: Seeing those small businesses connect and share their stories of success and strategies.”
Anita Campbell, CEO and Founder
Small Business Trends
“Over the years I've gone to a lot of events and the energy of ICON14 attendees was something I haven’t seen before. The conference brings together thousands of optimistic entrepreneurs who are excited to celebrate their successes and share their strategies to overcome challenges. These attendees really are the people who are making it happen for themselves and their companies. They’re some of the best of the small business community and a true inspiration.”
Lee Goff, CEO and Founder
“ICON14 gave us an opportunity to meet with our customers and truly see their enthusiasm and passion in person. This reinforced what we already know about the people we work with every day: They’re the go-getters. They’re making it happen for themselves and their companies. Our product expands the possibilities of the Infusionsoft technology, but that all comes from the people who use it. These people will never run out of great ideas, and lucky for us, that means we’ll get to keep creating innovations that support those ideas.”
#ICON15 will be held from March 31 – April 2, 2015 at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Infusionsoft is on a mission to simplify sales and marketing for millions of small businesses. The company focuses solely on empowering small business success and provides a powerful, integrated sales and marketing automation solution. Combining CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce and payments solutions into one platform, with a vibrant marketplace of apps, integrations and partners, Infusionsoft helps small businesses scale their sales and marketing and accelerate growth. The privately held, eight-time Inc. 500/5000 company is based in Chandler, Arizona and is funded by Goldman Sachs, Bain Capital Ventures, Mohr Davidow Ventures and Signal Peak Ventures. For more information, visit www.infusionsoft.com, or the Infusionsoft blog.