Director of Internal Systems
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a Director level, leader in our Operations Internal Systems group; as a Director, you will be responsible for all of Infusionsoft’s internal programs and projects, leading and continuing to grow our small (but mighty) team of smart, passionate and fun people. You’ll lead mission critical, multidisciplinary Internal System projects as well as communicating and collaborating with the Infusionsoft VPs and executive team.
Influence, shape and define Infusionsoft’s current and future corporate projects.
While providing leadership and guidance to the Internal Systems’ development, you’ll be ‘behind the scenes’ impacting productivity for our Developers, Business Analysts and Product Owners who craft best-in-class process automation
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead multiple employees to perform at their best and manage the G&A costs to be optimal
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
- Provide strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
- You will be involved with all internal systems development, requiring the ability to efficiently manage multiple technical projects simultaneously; lead IS strategic planning as well as day-to-day project management.
- Implement and maintain enterprise application roadmaps, including capacity planning and modeling to support short and longer term growth requirements
- Conceptualize, define and oversee the development, configuration and implementation of new technologies and platforms supporting the growth of the business.
- Own Executive level communication and interaction including consulting, understanding and translating business needs into achievable, sustainable and innovative technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Operations leaders and all other business functions at Infusionsoft to execute strategic planning efforts aimed at fulfilling our Mission strategies
- Work across all levels of the organization up to Infusionsoft’s Executive team; combining your engineering expertise, program/project management skills, and passion for leading complex solutions in a Small Business focused Marketing Automation leader.
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Lead vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract negotiation and ongoing vendor relationships
- Direct and manage external vendors and consulting teams effectively to ensure accountability and successful delivery for complex large scale projects.
- Lead development of program and project management processes to assess, plan, propose, qualify, prioritize, implement, adopt, replace, and retire technical solutions.
- Coordinate implementation of system enhancements, upgrades, updates, patches, and fixes to assure optimal system performance, data integrity, and reliability
- Represent to the Infusionsoft executive team the system current and future projects, including vision, status, resource and budget considerations.
- Develop excellent working relationships with business process owners throughout Infusionsoft.
- Perform current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Quickly become an expert advisor in new areas as projects touch those areas. Lead the Infusionsoft Operations team in the details of projects. Utilize subject matter experts properly and efficiently.
- Act as implementation lead for certain projects, being the person responsible for creation of solutions, including integration of third party technology, development of reporting, coordination with Infusionsoft IT, and modification of existing systems.
This is a hands-on role, and you will need to dive in to make things happen.
- 7 or more years of proven leadership and management experience specifically focused in Information Technology for Internal Systems.
- 15+ years required of IT experience including thorough understanding of business processes and required technology capabilities within a multi-location business.
- Demonstrated ability and passion for leading and developing high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining, developing and transforming internal and external customer relationships at the Executive level.
- Functional expertise providing IS development leadership and management specifically to Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Accounting, HR, Product Development, IT.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a delivery organization including solution design, development and configuration as well as drive quality and improvement
- Knowledge and practical experience across a formal systems development life cycle.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in deployment, integration, and on-going management of Enterprise Applications.
- Experience negotiating with vendors; ability to manage external relationships with contracting firms and application developers.
- Ability to align key stakeholders toward a common goal and drive results and facilitate change.
- Proven expertise in software technical design, planning, project management, implementation and support for a variety of Enterprise Applications Solutions (ERP, Financial reporting, SOX Compliance, etc.),
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Experience leading multiple technical initiatives through cross-functional, matrix environments using strong program and project management tools and practices.
- Exceptional communication skills, whether presenting to senior leadership or to a smaller audience
- Superior understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce.com, JIRA/Confluence, HR Systems
Perks, benefits & beyond
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.