Event Sponsorship Manager
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed. We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring the hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success. Together...we will replenish the middle class, we will elevate the worldwide economy, we will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
The Event Sponsorship Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining strategic relationships with new and existing sponsors for Infusionsoft’s events (ICON, PartnerCon, etc). Sales of assets include, but are not limited to certain naming rights, branding, digital media and content sponsorship, experiential marketing, exhibit space, hospitality, food and beverage packages, introductions, breakout content, and special events. The Sponsorship Event Sponsorship Manager position will develop and execute effective sales strategies to achieve sales goals as directed by the Director of Event Marketing.
- Experience in managing budgets, metrics, P&L.
- Knowledge of Social Media promotions, email campaigns, marketing automation.
- Strong creativity and out of the box thinking for development of engagement strategies.
- Excellent project management and on-site trouble shooting skills.
- Strong Power Point and presentation skills.
DAILY EXECUTION EXCELLENCE:
- Deep working knowledge of the sales process and a strong general sales acumen, as well as superior relationship development and account management skills
- Understand and excel at sponsorship sales and creating opportunities
- Maintain sponsorship communication, build campaigns, educate sponsors on creating strong ROI and keep sponsors in close connection and good standing with Infusionsoft
- Continually develop new prospects to build and manage a sustained pipeline of opportunities
- Formulate business relationships and new clients through cold calling, referrals, networking and in person visits
- Coordinate and execute the development, delivery and presentation of sponsorship proposals, work with legal on contract approval
- Process invoices and ensure payments are processed and collected, create reports and communicate standing on a regular basis
- Focus on finding, developing, and maintaining compelling relationships with important decision makers within prospective sponsor companies
- Understand the marketing objectives of the event, of attendees, sponsors, and partners and create solutions to achieve these objectives
- Foster client relationships to create a mutually beneficial partnership and generate additional revenue
- Manage the onsite event experience that exceeds expectations and promotes renewal and upsell process in tandem with the events team
- Document and track sales process through CRM maintaining extremely organized notes
- Work closely with other departments and the partner team to look for additional revenue opportunities for potential and current clients
- Ensure efficient and smooth contracting process across all stakeholders
- Work as sales team member in assisting as additional requests arise both in office and onsite
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Dollars sold annually
- Renewal rate
- Client satisfaction (event surveys), sponsor NPS score
- Number of new partners signed
- Level of innovation incorporated into contracts and/or experiences
- Profitability of each sponsorship sold, overall program profitability
- Attention to detail in CRM documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Broadcast, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years sponsorship sales experience and track record of proven success in closing sponsorship deals
- 3+ years of experience in developing sponsorship marketing experiences and promotional programs
- Strong ability to secure new clients and maintain relationships; source and develop new leads
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated client and advertising agency knowledge and relationships preferred
- An extensive background in event production is required
- Position requires excellent negotiation, communication, initiative, and time management skills
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options