Sales & Marketing Data Analyst
San Francisco, CA (SOMA)
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed. We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring the hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success. Together...we will replenish the middle class, we will elevate the worldwide economy, we will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
The Sales and Marketing Data Analyst is a key role within our organization whose primary responsibility is to provide timely, accurate and relevant insights that help the business make more informed decisions. The Sales and Marketing Data Analyst position will extract and analyze operational data to identify trends of the current business environment, as well as ensure the business is on a pathway in systems, tools and processes to deliver insights for the future.
Daily Execution Excellence:
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of cloud and on-premise based systems for reporting and analytical purposes, including: Salesforce.com, Marketo, NetSuite and SQL databases
- Leverage cloud-based analytics tools to analyze data from various systems both within and outside of formal data warehousing environments
- Exercise inquisitive mindset to transform business questions into actionable data exploration exercises
- Convey insights into effective presentations that are outcome and action-oriented
- Act as a key liaison between FP&A, Sales Operations and Business Intelligence teams to drive requirements necessary to derive compelling analytical insights
- Bottoms-up reporting to help inform forecasting work and closely partner with the Operations team to drive improved accuracy
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to identify relevant customer or market insights
- Work with product managers to create and analyze A/B tests in a manner that is scalable, repeatable and reduces human error or subjectivity
- Act as a subject matter expert and evangelist in the organization for hypothesis-driven and testing-oriented measurement of business results.
- Liaise with Operations team and business to ensure the proper systems, tools and processes are in place to allow the business to conduct recurring A/B tests across top, middle and bottom-of-the-funnel activities.
- Develop the discipline around not simply reporting results but explaining what they mean and the root cause behind key trends in executive summary fashion.
- Business Acumen & Strategic Thinking: Have a strong baseline knowledge of and high capacity for learning how inputs/levers drive incremental value for the company. Demonstrate ability to craft effective strategies, grounded on robust empirical analysis.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Analyze a situation, identify and evaluate potential solutions and their outcomes and take appropriate action. Make decisions and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Initiative: Ability to see strategies through to execution. Maintain a high level of energy and independent effort to accomplish tasks and meet commitments in the expected timeframe. Establish and achieve short and long-term business goals.
- Communication: Understand and effectively convey written and oral information and ideas. Clearly explain complex concepts to audiences with a broad range of quantitative aptitude. Conduct meetings and presentations in an engaging, concise manner.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain productive relationships with colleagues. Build trust, credibility and rapport in business relationships. Respond to difficult situations and deliver negative information while preserving relationships.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a quantitative major, such as Finance, Data Analytics, Math,
- 2+ years of related Analyst-experience including but not limited to software or management consulting
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel to analyze large quantities of data
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced, relatively autonomous work environment with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to clearly communicate and present ideas, through both verbal and written formats, such as Powerpoint presentations
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of experience using Salesforce and/or Marketo
- 2+ years of experience with SQL to extract data from databases
- Experience with Anaplan, Looker Analytics Platform and Google Analytics
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options