Director of Software Engineering
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to lead cross-functional teams to success, hold yourself and others accountable, and demonstrate a learning mindset. You will be held accountable to our Core Values and our Leadership Model. The Core Values and Leadership Model are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy.
We are looking for a strong technical leader with a rigorous engineering and operational excellence mindset and outstanding leadership. In this role, you will lead the cross-functional team working on our flagship Infusionsoft product as they deliver for our customers in the short-term by building technology that will last for the long-term.
- Lead teams to develop and deliver an amazing product our customers love and can’t live without
- Lead teams to improve engineering excellence and engineering productivity, and to utilize common best engineering practices
- Seek deep understanding of our customers and our technology through data and a continuous learning mindset
- Successfully lead through difficult product and technology trade-off discussions with principled, data-based approach, and align people on unified direction
- Be a great team player working across all functions to deliver for our customers in the short-term and long-term - including product management, design, development, quality, operations, and customer support
- Be a great coach and mentor to our engineers
If you can execute the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone who has:
- BS/MS Computer Science with 15+ years hands-on experience
- Proven track record in senior technical leadership role(s) leading multiple development teams of 50+ engineers
- Proven track record of leading significant refactoring of large system / code base
- Significant experience developing SaaS products for consumer and/or small businesses serving 100k+ users
- Significant experience developing mobile products for consumer and/or small businesses
- Significant experience with both app/frontend and services/backend development
- Significant experience with Agile best practices
- Significant experience with Java-based technologies and cloud hosting
Perks, benefits & beyond
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.