Site Reliability Engineer
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Infusionsoft Site Reliability team and we’re looking for an SRE to help build automation for networked systems to increase the simplicity, consistency, security, and availability of our Infusionsoft platform. We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about helping small business succeed and who enjoys building tools and systems for scaling web and SaaS infrastructure.
What Will Our Site Reliability Engineer Look Like?
Who you are:
- Loves technical challenges and analyzing problems to create solutions
- Has a passion for helping small businesses
- Enjoys building tools and systems for scaling web and SaaS infrastructure
Who you are not:
- Overwhelmed by fast paced environments
- A person who can't adapt to change
- A person that doesn't love technology
- Someone who can't collaborate and work with other development teams
- Someone who can't innovate and constantly improve
- Building automation for networked systems to increase simplicity, consistency, security, availability, and scalability
- Automating software and hardware delivery to cloud and bare metal systems
- Building and testing tools to help build new web based software/hardware environments
- Creating and configuring monitoring and metrics
- Deploying and monitoring releases of code to systems
- Evaluating current and proposed compute platforms for high availability and scalability
- Working with developers, systems architects and engineers to build new SaaS products for Infusionsoft
- Experience in automating cloud infrastructure
- Experience building continuous delivery pipelines
- Expertise in Linux system administration
- Experience designing, developing and deploying “A+” provisioning and automation systems for web servers at scale
- Strong operations experience supporting systems in public and private cloud deployments
- Strong system and tools development skills (bash, ruby, golang)
- Experience using tools to deploy and deliver software and systems (Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker)
Ideally, You Will Possess…
- BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or 3-5 years of experience supporting IT/Operations or Development systems
- Operational experience with code repositories and versioning (Git, svn, github, perforce)
- System administration skills with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, HBASE, memcached)
- Solid understanding of virtualization principals, architectures, deployment and administration (vmware, zen, kvm)
- Solid understanding of Storage, Networking and Compute systems (Nimble, Juniper,Cisco UCS, S3, VPC, AWS)
- Ability to write tools to interface with Storage, Networking and Compute CLI and API interfaces
- Experience supporting a highly available environment
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How do we deploy code anywhere with relative ease?
- How do we scale private and public clouds to support Infusionsoft SaaS growth?
- How can we make system administration work push button easy?
Perks, benefits & beyond
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.