Site Reliability Engineer
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Infusionsoft Site Reliability team and we’re looking for an SRE to help build automation for networked systems to increase the simplicity, consistency, security, and availability of our Infusionsoft platform. We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about helping small business succeed and who enjoys building tools and systems for scaling web and SaaS infrastructure.
What Will Our Site Reliability Engineer Look Like?
Who you are:
- Loves technical challenges and analyzing problems to create solutions
- Has a passion for helping small businesses
- Enjoys building tools and systems for scaling web and SaaS infrastructure
Who you are not:
- Overwhelmed by fast paced environments
- A person who can't adapt to change
- A person that doesn't love technology
- Someone who can't collaborate and work with other development teams
- Someone who can't innovate and constantly improve
- Building automation for networked systems to increase simplicity, consistency, security, availability, and scalability
- Automating software and hardware delivery to cloud and bare metal systems
- Building and testing tools to help build new web based software/hardware environments
- Creating and configuring monitoring and metrics
- Deploying and monitoring releases of code to systems
- Evaluating current and proposed compute platforms for high availability and scalability
- Working with developers, systems architects and engineers to build new SaaS products for Infusionsoft
- Experience in automating cloud infrastructure
- Experience building continuous delivery pipelines
- Expertise in Linux system administration
- Experience designing, developing and deploying “A+” provisioning and automation systems for web servers at scale
- Strong operations experience supporting systems in public and private cloud deployments
- Strong system and tools development skills (bash, ruby, python)
- Experience using tools to deploy and deliver software and systems (Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker)
Ideally, You Will Possess…
- BS in Computer Science/Information Technology or 3-5 years of experience supporting IT/Operations or Development systems
- Operational experience with code repositories and versioning (Git, svn, github, perforce)
- System administration skills with relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, HBASE, memcached)
- Solid understanding of virtualization principals, architectures, deployment and administration (vmware, zen, kvm)
- Solid understanding of Storage, Networking and Compute systems (Nimble, Juniper,Cisco UCS, S3, VPC, AWS)
- Ability to write tools to interface with Storage, Networking and Compute CLI and API interfaces
- Experience supporting a highly available environment
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How do we deploy code anywhere with relative ease?
- How do we scale private and public clouds to support Infusionsoft SaaS growth?
- How can we make system administration work push button easy?
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options