Linux System Administrator
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Infusionsoft Production Operations team and are looking to hire a full-time Linux Systems Administrator. The primary function of this position is to manage and improve the technology systems that host the Infusionsoft software platform and applications.
- System-wide uptime targeted at 100%
- Platform and service scalability
- Efficiently complete daily system administration tasks
Daily Execution Excellence
- Monitor system utilization, and assist in growth analysis and capacity planning.
- Troubleshoot hardware, systems, applications, and databases to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Review current systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Provide on-call technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues.
- Incorporate best practices in operational procedures and documentation.
- Assist in the evaluation of new hardware and software technologies.
- Install and debug new and/or upgraded software on server platforms.
- Maintain data center configuration standards for existing and new installations.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- BS in CS, CSE or in a related field and 5 years of related professional experience OR equivalent experience
- Enterprise Linux server management (CentOS, Gentoo, Ubuntu, Redhat)
- Apache/Tomcat administration
- Networking protocols, including HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, SSH, SMTP
- Proficiency in scripting and automation – bash, perl, python, etc
Ideally, You Will Possess…
- Basic Java JVM tuning fundamentals
- Experience with interacting with Developers and Software Engineers to deploy code and or web applications in a highly available environment.
- Networking experience with Cisco or comparable devices, Enterprise Load Balancers, IPTABLES, Next Generation Enterprise Firewalls
- Experience with automation tools and OS build automation: Kickstart, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with virtual server environments, such as VMWare
- Experience with storage area network (SAN) technology
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How do we manage and scale our systems to deliver high-value applications that help small businesses succeed.
- How do we innovate and constantly improve so we can be a top-notch technology organization that delivers results
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options