Linux System Administrator
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Infusionsoft Production Operations team and are looking to hire a full-time Linux Systems Administrator. The primary function of this position is to manage and improve the technology systems that host the Infusionsoft software platform and applications.
- System-wide uptime targeted at 100%
- Platform and service scalability
- Efficiently complete daily system administration tasks
Daily Execution Excellence
- Monitor system utilization, and assist in growth analysis and capacity planning.
- Troubleshoot hardware, systems, applications, and databases to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Review current systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Provide on-call technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues.
- Incorporate best practices in operational procedures and documentation.
- Assist in the evaluation of new hardware and software technologies.
- Install and debug new and/or upgraded software on server platforms.
- Maintain data center configuration standards for existing and new installations.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- BS in CS, CSE or in a related field and 5 years of related professional experience OR equivalent experience
- Enterprise Linux server management (CentOS, Gentoo, Ubuntu, Redhat)
- Apache/Tomcat administration
- Networking protocols, including HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, SSH, SMTP
- Proficiency in scripting and automation – bash, perl, python, etc
Ideally, You Will Possess…
- Basic Java JVM tuning fundamentals
- Experience with interacting with Developers and Software Engineers to deploy code and or web applications in a highly available environment.
- Networking experience with Cisco or comparable devices, Enterprise Load Balancers, IPTABLES, Next Generation Enterprise Firewalls
- Experience with automation tools and OS build automation: Kickstart, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with virtual server environments, such as VMWare
- Experience with storage area network (SAN) technology
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How do we manage and scale our systems to deliver high-value applications that help small businesses succeed.
- How do we innovate and constantly improve so we can be a top-notch technology organization that delivers results
Perks, benefits & beyond
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.