Software Engineer, Big Data
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are building a big data platform to bring real time and batch analytics to our small business customers. This position will work closely with our data scientists to model data and implement machine learning algorithms that will help to our customers to make more informed decisions about their business. This is a very exciting opportunity to explore new technologies and build the future of data at Infusionsoft.
- Help build a data pipeline and platform for our customer facing products.
- Work closely with data scientists to implement descriptive and predictive analytics.
- Explore new data technologies and advise the department on best practices.
Daily Execution Excellence
- Work closely with developers, data scientists, and product managers to understand the questions that are being asked and how to answer them
- Build highly available, scalable and fault tolerant systems for batch and real-time data analysis
- Explore new technologies and how they might enhance our data solutions
One Year and Beyond
- Build better tools/platforms to help developers take advantage of our data
- Build APIs to expose data and machine learning models for consumption
If you can execute the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone with…
- Strong programming ability
- Experience with data processing tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, etc.)
- Experience building ETL/ELT pipelines
Ideally, you will possess…
- Ability to program in Python or Java
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Good math skills
- Familiarity with pub/sub messaging systems such as Google Cloud Pub/Sub or Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
- Experience as a team lead or other technical leader
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options