Senior Big Data Engineer
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are building a big data platform to bring real time and batch analytics to our small business customers. This position will work closely with our data scientists to model data and implement machine learning algorithms that will help to our customers to make more informed decisions about their business. This is a very exciting opportunity to explore new technologies and build the future of data at Infusionsoft.
- Help build a data pipeline and platform for our customer facing products.
- Work closely with data scientists to implement descriptive and predictive analytics.
- Explore new data technologies and advise the department on best practices.
Daily Execution Excellence
- Work closely with developers, data scientists, and product managers to understand the questions that are being asked and how to answer them
- Build highly available, scalable and fault tolerant systems for batch and real-time data analysis
- Explore new technologies and how they might enhance our data solutions
- One Year and Beyond
- Build better tools/platforms to help developers take advantage of our data
- Build APIs to expose data and machine learning models for consumption
If you can execute the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone with…
- Strong programming ability
- Experience in building data lake in a cloud environment.
- Experience in building real time streaming data ingestion and processing pipeline using Kafka or Pub/Sub.
- Experience with data processing tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, etc.)
- Experience building ETL/ELT pipelines, familiar with Airflow.
Ideally, you will possess…
- Ability to program in Python or Java
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Good math skills
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
- Experience as a team lead or other technical leader
Perks, benefits & beyond
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.