Software Development Manager
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Software Engineering team and we build amazing experiences for our users. Do you have experience leading a team of engineers? Are you looking for new challenges, autonomy over your ideas, and a place where you can provide immediate impact? As a Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and delivering Infusionsoft products to our customers. You will be working with very talented, skilled and passionate developers, testers and product owners that create products to help small businesses succeed
- Deliver on Product and Platform initiatives
- Improve engineering and operational excellence
- Multiply talent on software development teams
Daily Execution Excellence
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach and motivate team to achieve optimum performance. Monitor and conduct performance management reviews of direct reports
- Work collaboratively with senior management and cross-functional development teams to define, develop, and refine requirements and features of customer facing software products.
- Contribute to and influence conversations regarding priority.
- Ensure successful and on-time delivery of software that meets commitments from design through to release.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, staffing and scheduling. Identify risks, contingency plans and allocation of resources.
- Participation and enthusiasm in recruiting the best engineers for your team.
One Year and Beyond
- As we continue to build an awesome product and empower small business around the world, we will be expanding our software engineering team to contribute to the continued success of our company. The path is yours to blaze as we grow into the future.
If you can do execute the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone who has:
- Experience managing small engineering teams
- Minimum of 8 yrs of experience as developer and >3 yrs as a people manager.
- Experience with Java-based technologies
- Ability to manage communications with numerous stakeholders
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Usage of Jira, Zenhub, or comparable issue tracking system
- Experience planning and prioritizing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Project Management experience
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options