Manager of Software Engineering
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Software Engineering team and we build amazing experiences for our users. Do you have experience leading a team of engineers? Are you looking for new challenges, autonomy over your ideas, and a place where you can provide immediate impact? As a Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and delivering Infusionsoft products to our customers. You will be working with very talented, skilled and passionate developers, testers and product owners that create products to help small businesses succeed
- Deliver on Product and Platform initiatives
- Improve engineering and operational excellence
- Multiply talent on software development teams
Daily Execution Excellence
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach and motivate team to achieve optimum performance. Monitor and conduct performance management reviews of direct reports
- Work collaboratively with senior management and cross-functional development teams to define, develop, and refine requirements and features of customer facing software products.
- Contribute to and influence conversations regarding priority.
- Ensure successful and on-time delivery of software that meets commitments from design through to release.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, staffing and scheduling. Identify risks, contingency plans and allocation of resources.
- Participation and enthusiasm in recruiting the best engineers for your team.
One Year and Beyond
- As we continue to build an awesome product and empower small business around the world, we will be expanding our software engineering team to contribute to the continued success of our company. The path is yours to blaze as we grow into the future.
If you can execute the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone who has:
- Experience managing small engineering teams
- Minimum of 8 yrs of experience as developer and >3 yrs as a people manager.
- Experience with Java-based technologies
- Ability to manage communications with numerous stakeholders
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Usage of Jira, Zenhub, or comparable issue tracking system
- Experience planning and prioritizing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Project Management experience
Perks, benefits & beyond
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.