Product Content Strategist
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a Product Content Strategist. The successful candidate must be a master of content strategy in every sense of the word. They’ve contributed to great product experiences and know how to win as an interdisciplinary team. They seek to deeply understand the needs of the customer and the problem to solve. They lead with a strong content strategy vision yet know how to facilitate and draw the best ideas from teammates. They execute quickly, embrace change and work through ambiguity to create clarity. Finally, they are a leader and mentor who gives and embraces feedback, is deeply passionate about their craft, and constantly looks for ways to improve the quality of their work and themselves.
- Write compelling, highly-effective content for multiple product interfaces
- Inspire and mentor your peers in the principles and best practices of product content strategy
- Actively contribute to product design and strategy discussions
- Conduct customer research to validate content choices and discover new insights
Daily Execution Excellence
- Contribute to a large and diverse team of designers, developers, and product managers
- Provide a content strategy perspective during the product design and development process and shape product strategy decisions to improve the user experience
- Define and document the content strategy for each of our products, including voice and tone, vocabulary guidelines, taxonomies, and example copy
- Establish overall guidelines and best practices for interface content across all Infusionsoft products
- Write highly-effective interface content across for each product, including titles, labels, button text, status messages, error messages, instructional text, help text, notifications, and tutorials
- Coordinate with and support the product marketing team to create a smooth transition between sales/marketing and the actual user experience
- Perform direct and indirect customer research with potential and existing users to understand their background context, mental models, vocabulary preferences, and reactions to content
- Assist with the internationalization and translation process to ensure effective experiences for non-English-speaking audiences.
- Share your work regularly with designers, developers, and product management teams and be open to constructive feedback.
- Work with other content strategists to maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines and help evangelize those resources across the company
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content strategy
- Approach all of your work with a global mindset, advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our translations team to improve quality
- Share your work with other content strategists, provide feedback on their work, and contribute to the team through mentoring, onboarding or recruiting
- Connect with customers at an emotional level and develop solutions that exceed expectations
- Hold yourself and others accountable to delivering on their commitments
- Exhibit courage to push teams to deliver ideas that go beyond the status quo
- Ask the tough questions, challenge the default and know how to drive designs that achieve measurable objectives
- 3+ years content strategy experience
- Impeccable writing/editing skills
- Solid understanding of UX design principles
- Experience writing interface copy, creating style guides, and developing taxonomies
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment
- Enthusiasm for Infusionsoft’s culture and vision
- Strong portfolio of writing samples
You’ll really knock our socks off if you have…
- SaaS product experience
- Technical writing experience
- Willingness to put your life on the line to defend the Oxford comma
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options