Managing Director of Global Partners
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed. We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring the hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success. Together...we will replenish the middle class, we will elevate the worldwide economy, we will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
As a Managing Director of Global Partners at Infusionsoft, you will play a key role in developing, directing, managing, and executing the projects and initiatives to drive channel expansion and customer sales through the Certified Partner Channel. The position requires strong leadership and excellent communications skills, the ability develop marketing strategies and programs with long-term business impact, and the ability to build and lead a team focused on driving results through sales & marketing execution. An entrepreneurial passion and “action orientation”, with a lean start-up mentality, is critical to success in this role. Experience in building businesses via sales strategies, marketing programs and partnerships, as well as experience in the small business space, is key to success in this role. Prior leadership experience in channel development leadership and international sales will be essential. Understanding the infusionsoft product and capabilities is fundamental to building and executing successful global sales and channel programs. Building a strategy particularly focused on channel development within the US and in key global markets will be important in the first 100 days.
This is a strategically important role, as expanding the partner ecosystem is a fundamental component of delivering upon Infusionsoft’s strategy of “Partner Success multiplies Customer Success.” The Managing Director will work collaboratively and closely with members of the Sales & Marketing team, and specifically the partner management team, as well as other members of the executive team (the Director of Product Management, Director of Channel Marketing, VP of Customer Success, and the Chief Revenue Officer). The overall partner program, and this key leadership role, will have high exposure to the executive team, the COO and CEO.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner Management & Sales: Building strategies, programs, and processes to drive sales through the Infusionsoft Partner Network. Leading a team of 4 “Region Leaders” (N.A., S.A., EMEA, APAC) – with a team of Region Partner Managers, Partner Success Coaches, and Partner Recruiters – the Managing Director will drive customer sales through the channel and will ensure delivery of exceptional service to both partners and customers. Specifically, key goals are to (a) expand the partner ecosystem via acquiring new VAR partners, (b) expand the quarterly sales productivity of the VAR partner network as measured by unit sales & MRR sales; (c) build long term defensible loyalty with Infusionsoft in the partner community.
- Partner Acquisition: A team of approximately 7 professionals, led by a manager, report directly into the Managing Director. Working collaboratively with marketing, these “partner recruiters” are aligned by region and drive acquisition of new partners into the network on a monthly basis.
- Partner Support: A team of approximately 8 professionals, led by a manager, report indirectly into the Managing Director and are aligned by region.
- Channel Development: Forging key partnerships with major channel partners via business development initiatives that provide access to more customers and partners. Leads the Channel partnership growth strategy and execution globally.
- Strategy and Planning: Develop plans to penetrate new markets in the US and globally (e.g. Europe, Asia, South America), with a focus on “go-to-market” planning and analysis of market opportunities.
DAILY EXECUTION EXPERTISE:
- Build, develop and direct a team of Region Leaders and their Region Partner Managers & Partner Recruiters, who cover global markets to drive partner growth and customer sales growth via partner channels.
- Directly responsible for driving sales globally through the ecosystem of Infusionsoft VAR partners (US and International)
- Help drive the development of the GTM strategy for Infusionsoft's global business. Determine markets and channels to delivery customer goals
- Build and develop the global business partner channel to successfully grow Infusionsoft’s product and SaaS solutions
- Support the ongoing utilization of web based support and communication services used by our Global Partners
- Lead International expansion efforts, including compliance regulations for global growth
- Event marketing coordination and planning: work closely with marketing team to develop and attend events aimed at enabling channel partners to drive growth of infusionsoft products
- Work closely with product team to develop product requirements by market
- Drive channel development globally, with a focus on new business relationships that can extend Infusionsoft’s partner ecosystem to new VAR partners
- 5+ years of experience in sales leadership
- 3+ years of experience in global markets
- Strategy development for international growth and new channel
- GM mentality and approach; Software Experience; Innovation experience
- Connectedness to small business customers
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA a plus)
- Language skills a plus
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options