Manager of Product Design and Experience
Manager of Product Design & Experience
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
The Product Design and Experience (PDX) team at Infusionsoft is responsible for ensuring that design achieves its fullest potential by solving important problems and elevating the way small businesses do sales and marketing. We need a Design Leader who can help us build the next-generation platform experience to serve hundreds of thousands of small businesses worldwide. As a Manager of Product Design & Experience you will not only be designing elegant solutions to complex problems, but also leading a design team to deliver awesome, cohesive product experiences.
The successful candidate must be both an excellent designer and strong leader. They manage and mentor a team of interaction designers. Through a keen balance of design strategy, thought leadership, creative direction and people leadership, the Design Leader enables their team to deliver awesome experiences for our small business customers and their employees.
- Act as a key member of the Product Development Leadership team, collaborating with PM and Engineering leaders to provide a strong design voice to guide the customer experience vision and strategy
- Leverage deep knowledge of customer behavior and sales & marketing best practices to drive design judgment, while leveraging solid analytics and experimentation frameworks to make data-driven decisions
- Architect the end-to-end experience for your theme and/or functional area of oversight and work with other Design Managers to consistently deliver world-class, multi-device, platform experiences while strictly applying and improving the patterns in our design system
- Nail the basics - guide your team to deeply understand the needs of customers and key stakeholders, solve challenging customer problems, develop compelling design concepts, rapidly test prototypes, and execute visual design in a highly collaborative process with Product Managers and Engineers
- Inspire and multiply your team to be Product Leaders. Develop their UX skillsets, operationalize design best practices, give and solicit feedback, and proactively work across teams to clear roadblocks and deliver outcomes for customers and the business
Daily Execution Excellence
- Help define and drive our product & experience strategy aligned to our purpose, values and mission
- Demonstrate interest and success in growing teams and fostering careers
- Ask the tough questions, challenge the default and lead teams through ambiguity to create designs that achieve measurable objectives
- Plan, assign and direct workloads of Product Designers
- Guide teams to rapidly test and iterate solutions based on customer feedback and measurable data
- Mentor our team of Product Designers while providing feedback on both interaction and visual design
- Understand and guide teams to apply sales & marketing best practices in the design of experiences
- Lead and inspire experience design invention and innovation by continuously researching design trends, operational best practices, and conducting competitive benchmarking
- Hold yourself and others accountable to delivering on their commitments
- Be a storyteller; articulate complex visions through simple, elegant means and ensure teams can connect design rationale to how the solution solves the problem and delivers customer benefit
- Exhibit courage to push teams to deliver ideas that go beyond the status quo
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships, including senior leaders and executives
One Year and Beyond
- As we continue to grow and scale as a business, this person will have the opportunity to grow their leadership capabilities, grow their team and hone their craft as a product leader and design expert. The path is yours to design.
If you can do execute the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone who has:
- A strong design portfolio of work demonstrating your design process from user journeys to final product
- 6+ years of experience designing web and native or mobile-responsive applications with previous experience as a senior-level designer.
- 1+ years of team lead or management experience
- Passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Deep understanding of interaction and visual design best practices, UX tools, methods and design team/facilitation processes
- Expert level in your favorite design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision), but equally skilled in creating lo-fi prototypes for quick experiments
- Good visual design skills
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Effective at collaborating, negotiating, communicating, and presenting, especially with senior leaders and executives
- A passionate advocate for all things design. A constant researcher of design trends and competitive benchmarking to find new ways to innovate and constantly improve
- Experience working in a Lean environment and applying rapid experimentation methods
- Project management skills, including scope definition, deadlines and stakeholder management.
- A degree in Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent experience preferred
You’ll really knock our socks off if you have…
- SaaS experience
- Experience building and leading teams in implementing design systems
- True understanding of what “fast-paced” really means and you embrace it
- Intimate knowledge of HCI, gamification, behavior psychology and/or persuasive design
- A knack for using storytelling to invoke confidence in stakeholders and motivate teams
- A passion for applying design-thinking and human-computer interaction concepts outside of digital design
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts
- Stock options