Director of Data Science
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Infusionsoft Software Engineering Team and we build amazing experiences for our users. As a Director of Data Science, you will be working with very talented, skilled and passionate developers, testers and product owners that create products to help small businesses succeed. We are affectionately calling this leader the “Director of What’s Next” - this person will help build and optimize our big-data insights to inform next steps and strategies for our customers to be successful. You will not necessarily be expected to write code on a daily basis but you will be staying abreast to the newest technologies available, an open and honest communicator, and a great issue resolver. You will strive to make everyone in the engineering organization successful while removing any obstacles that are getting in their way.
- Technical Leadership: the Director of Software Engineering is responsible for developing the technical strategy and the platform architecture and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate and constantly improve from a technical standpoint
- People Management: Attract, lead and mentor the engineering team, including multiple levels of Engineering Managers. This person will support career growth and succession planning for the team
- Strategy Development: the Director of Software Engineering will need to work with the VP of Software Engineering, VP of Product Management and various levels of Software Engineering talent to insure alignment between company and product strategies.
Daily Execution Excellence
- High level of passion and optimism.
- Ability to manage and quickly gain respect among highly educated and subject matter expert teams.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to move and act at the operational and tactical levels when required
- Balance immediate and long-term product/business focused work with technical debt and strategic technical development
- Superior organizational and planning skills, written/verbal presentation, and the ability to present complex technical information, in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, in large and small groups
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced complex business
- Non-autocratic approach to management, ability to lead through influence rather than dictation; with a focus on customer and team needs
- Recruiting, headcount management and planning, career growth and training for the organization.
- Stays abreast of and is well-versed in popular technical trends
One Year and Beyond
- As we continue to build an awesome product and empower small businesses around the world, we will be expanding our software engineering team to contribute to the continued success of our company. The path is yours to blaze as we grow into the future.
If you can do the work, you can do the job. That being said, we realize we likely need someone with…
- Highly skilled in querying SQL and NoSQL database, Python or Scala or Java. We are a Google Cloud shop, so experience with popular analytical warehouse technologies such as Hadoop or Redshift is fine, as long as there is a willingness to work with and learn Google BigQuery and other Google Cloud technologies.
- A BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or EE and 10+ years of experience in software development, design and architecture.
- A passion for business intelligence, dashboards, data science, and reporting.
- Experienced engineering executive who has run large, modernized engineering teams.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts