Senior Product Designer
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
The Product Design and Experience (PDX) team at Infusionsoft is responsible for ensuring that design achieves its fullest potential by solving important problems and elevating the way small businesses do sales and marketing. We need a Senior Product Designer who can help us build the next-generation platform experience to serve hundreds of thousands of small businesses worldwide. As a Senior Product Designer you will be a thought leader and change agent for simplifying the lives of a small business owners and employees through great experience design.
The successful candidate must be a master of product design in every sense of the word. They have shipped great product experiences and know how to win as an interdisciplinary team. They seek to deeply understand the needs of the customer and the problem to solve. They lead with a strong design vision yet know how to facilitate and draw the best ideas from teammates. They execute quickly, embrace change and work through ambiguity to create clarity. Finally, they are a leader and mentor who gives and embraces feedback, is deeply passionate about their craft, and constantly looks for ways to improve the quality of their work and themselves.
- Lead design solutioning/sprints and work with PMs, Engineers and other designers to concept and develop end-to-end desktop and mobile-responsive experiences that deliver on customer and business outcomes.
- Drive customer research to validate designs and discover new insights while leveraging solid analytics and experimentation frameworks to make data-driven decisions.
- Efficiently deliver compelling UX visions, visual design, UI specifications, wireframes, and prototypes while strictly applying and improving the patterns in our design system
- Inspire and mentor other designers and peers by actively researching and sharing design best practices and trends, giving and soliciting feedback, and proactively working across disciplines to elevate the customer experience.
Daily Execution Excellence
- Seek to understand first with an ability to fall in love with the problem, not the solution
- Connect with customers at an emotional level and develop solutions that exceed expectations
- Develop and test multiple design concepts to find the most elegant way to solve a problem
- Understand and apply sales & marketing best practices in the design of experiences
- Mentor our team of Product Designers while providing feedback on both interaction and visual design
- Lead and inspire experience design invention and innovation by continuously researching design trends and conducting competitive benchmarking
- Hold yourself and others accountable to delivering on their commitments
- Exhibit courage to push teams to deliver ideas that go beyond the status quo
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Be a storyteller; articulate complex visions through simple, elegant means and connect design rationale to how the solution solves the problem and delivers customer benefit
- Design a top notch, elegant and expressive UI / UX end-to-end experience
- Ask the tough questions, challenge the default and know how to drive designs that achieve measurable objectives
One Year and Beyond
As we continue to grow and scale as a business, this person will have the opportunity to grow their leadership capabilities, grow their team and hone their craft as a product leader and design expert. The path is yours to design.
- A strong design portfolio of work demonstrating your design process from user journeys to final product
- 5+ years of experience designing web and native or mobile-responsive applications. SaaS is a plus.
- Passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Deep understanding of interaction and visual design best practices, UX tools, methods and processes
- Expert level in your favorite design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision), but equally skilled in creating lo-fi prototypes for quick experiments
- Good visual design skills
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Effective at collaborating, negotiating, communicating, and presenting
- Experience working in a Lean environment and applying rapid experimentation methods
- Project management skills, including scope definition, deadlines and stakeholder management.
- A degree in Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent experience preferred
You’ll really knock our socks off if you have…
- True understanding of what “fast-paced” really means and you embrace it
- Intimate knowledge of HCI, gamification, behavior psychology and/or persuasive design
- A knack for using storytelling to invoke confidence in stakeholders and motivate teams
- A passion for applying design-thinking and human-computer interaction concepts outside of digital design
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package including:
- 1x base salary life insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Dependent life coverage (premiums 100% covered)
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible paid time off plan
- Stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Short-term and long-term disability (employee premiums 100% covered)
- Flexible spending reimbursement account
- Contributions toward HSA accounts