At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
As a member of the Usability Engineering team, a part of the Product Design and Experience team, you will be responsible for user research to support stakeholder understanding of customer wants, needs, and requirements. You’ll also be responsible for usability studies, from request to report out, to help ensure that our services and software are designed according to best usability practices, are highly intuitive, enjoyable to use, value-packed, and meet customer needs. You will continuously champion small business and represent the customer in all phases of development, including research, design, and launch. The responsibilities in this role are varied and complex and require full competence in usability analysis/user research along with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Making recommendations for user research and usability testing based on project status and stakeholder needs
- Developing, recruiting for, running, analyzing, and reporting on user research and usability studies to help product teams and other teams make user-informed decisions
- Determining testing methodology and participant requirements based on objectives
- Recruiting optimal participants
- Developing test instruments as needed
- Conducting studies; virtually or in-person, moderated or unmoderated, PC or mobile
- Analyzing findings
- Documenting and delivering findings and best-practice recommendations to stakeholders and executives
- Creating personas
- Contributing in design concepts by being an advocate for the customer’s needs
- Offering research support as needed to services and design teams
- Being proactive with regular professional development to stay up-to-date with best practices
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or Applied Psychology and 1+ years of experience, a Master's degree plus at least 6 months of experience, OR at least 3-4 years of related work experience
- Proficiency with usability testing tools (WebEx or GoToMeeting, various tools for card sorting, navigation studies, surveys, and unmoderated studies such as Validately or UserTesting.com)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Presentations)
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, groups, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent cross-functional relationships
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- A positive attitude and top work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple complex projects from planning through reporting results while adhering to strict timelines
- An undying passion for helping small business succeed and for delivering exceptional customer experiences
Ideally, you'll posess:
- An inherent excitement when creating “order out of chaos”
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with executives and other product leaders
- Experience with ethnographic / field studies
- Experience with quantitative analysis
- Experience with developing personas and audience modeling
- Experience or ability with writing in-app copy
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.