Product Design (UX) Manager
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 9 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
The Product Design and Experience (PDX) team at Infusionsoft is responsible for ensuring that design achieves its fullest potential by solving important problems and elevating the way small businesses do sales and marketing. We need a Design Leader who can help us build the next-generation platform experience to serve hundreds of thousands of small businesses worldwide. As a Manager of Product Design & Experience you will not only be designing elegant solutions to complex problems, but also leading a design team to deliver awesome, cohesive product experiences.
The successful candidate must be both an excellent designer and strong leader. They manage and mentor a team of interaction designers. Through a keen balance of design strategy, thought leadership, creative direction and people leadership, the Design Leader enables their team to deliver awesome experiences for our small business customers and their employees.
- Apply lean product design principles to rapidly prototype and launch a narrowly-focused, research-driven product that delivers value and delight to its target audience
- Lead and coach other team members in how to successfully launch and scale an early-stage, user-centered product
- Lead the high-level architecture of the product and work closely with product managers, product designers, and others to deliver a high-quality user experience at all levels
- Manage and mentor product designers on your team to improve their skills and abilities, operationalize best practices, and inspire excellent performance
Daily Execution Excellence
- Drive a product design strategy aligned to our purpose, values, and mission
- Ask tough questions, challenge assumptions, and lead teams through uncertainty
- Plan, assign, and direct the workloads of product designers on your team
- Guide teams to rapidly test and iterate solutions based on customer feedback and measurable data
- Mentor our team of Product Designers while providing feedback on both interaction and visual design
- Hold yourself and others accountable to delivering on commitments
- Be a storyteller; articulate complex visions through simple, elegant means and ensure teams can connect design rationale to how the solution solves the problem and delivers customer benefit
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships, including senior leaders and executives
- Exhibit courage to push teams to deliver work that goes beyond the status quo
- Proven success taking with a new software-as-a-service (SaaS) web/mobile product from pre-launch customer research through successful growth
- Comfort in a lean, fast-paced, rapid-prototyping environment
- Robust design portfolio highlighting your research-driven product design process
- Strong customer research skills (both qualitative and quantitative)
- 6+ years of product design experience (web and mobile)
- 2+ years of team leadership/management
- Experience working with and understanding small business owners
- Strong understanding of product design and product management best practices
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, negotiation, and management skills
- Past experience creating robust design systems
- Robust knowledge of HCI, behavioral psychology, and persuasive design
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.