Associate General Counsel
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that we mean it and we do it every day. And oftentimes, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring the hustle, grit, and passion for everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unifies us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class, we will elevate the worldwide economy, we will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
Infusionsoft is seeking an Associate General Counsel to serve as the “right hand” for the General Counsel. This is a unique opportunity to join our growing legal team and help shape the legal function of a fast-growing, exciting and highly ethical company.
This position will focus on upgrading the compliance function, leading data security and privacy compliance efforts, and, in true generalist fashion, taking on other responsibilities as needed. You will help the legal team support sale, marketing and operations. Spearheading risk management, information governance and innovation of the legal function and processes will also be on your plate. You will also play a role in corporate housekeeping, including due diligence and regulatory filings, help with Board documents and communications, kick off and manage important compliance programs, partner with the team for special projects like financing and mergers & acquisitions, and play a key role in private stock transactions. You will also be available to provide periodic support for a highly effective HR function. This role reports to our General Counsel.
Our environment generates interesting work, encourages innovation, rewards quick and thoughtful decision-making and values integrity and performance.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex agreements, as needed by the business, and design, manage and constantly improve contracting and other legal department processes.
- Support marketing initiatives with thoughtful and appropriate guidance, including training when needed.
- Provide meaningful support to sales, especially during the end of the quarter.
- Help with the design, rollout and support of data security and privacy programs and compliance, working cross functionally with product, operations, finance, HR.
- Design effective checklists and training for a variety of compliance initiatives including, TCPA, antitrust, prohibited countries, HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- Assist with corporate, securities, intellectual property, litigation, international and other legal matters as required.
- A law degree and 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in-house
- Substantial compliance experience, especially in the area of data security and privacy and marketing compliance
- Substantial experience negotiating, drafting and managing a variety of complex commercial contracts and managing a contracts management system
- Terrific skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and personal interaction skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate responsive legal guidance and tailor it to business needs
- Prior work with at least some of these: insurance, stock options, corporate, securities, intellectual property, and/or compliance programs
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- Ability to assess risk and tailor legal advice accordingly
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to knowledge of data and information in the role
- Highly organized individual with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Adept at thinking critically and analytically
- Able to manage multiple assignments and projects, while meeting established deadlines and requirements
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented setting and collaborate with upper management, executives, team members and business partners
- You embrace and advocate the Infusionsoft culture and mission
You'll stand out if you have…
- Experience in the technology industry
- Experience with data privacy and security
- Experience as an effective generalist
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. And occasional travel may be needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, look, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; speak; listen; use hands to finger; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Usual days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, with extended hours required to achieve a deadline.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Infusionsoft we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.