Sales Development Specialist
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And oftentimes, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than yourself. We want you to bring the hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class, we will elevate the worldwide economy, we will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
If you are someone that seeks to be the best and are looking for a meaningful sales career where you can make an impact on the world and achieve personal success– this is the right position for you!
The Sales Development Specialist role offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a sales capacity with promotion opportunity to inside sales within the year for motivated candidates.. As a Sales Development Specialist, you are the first line of contact between Infusionsoft and potential-customers. Through heavy outbound sales activities, you will connect with small business owners and decision-makers to understand how Infusionsoft can be the right fit for their business.
- Identify, prospect, develop and qualify leads within designated territory to be handed off to the sales team.
- Follow-up with leads from various sources including prospects from the website, purchased leads, webinar attendees, customer referrals, and older leads within our existing database.
- Manage live chat function via our website for new, interested prospects, moving qualified leads to the sales team.
- Provide support and follow-up via phone and email to inquiring leads and current customers.
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- Unparalleled tenacity- you lock on to a goal and won’t stop until you make it happen
- Accountable – you thrive in an environment where you are held to a specific metric and constantly challenge yourself to exceed them
- Hungry - you want a promotion in 6-12 months and are going to put in the work to achieve that
- Enthusiastic Communicator – you love connecting with all types of people
- Continuous Learner – you are always looking to up-level your skills through personal development or openness to external coaching
- Multi-tasker Extraordinaire – you have no problem collaborating cross-functionally or having “many irons in the fire”
- A burning passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Recent college graduates with strong internship experience or campus involvement are encouraged to apply
- In lieu of a degree, 2+ years of experience in phone-based customer support, sales or lead qualification role
- Demonstrates the ability to make multiple phone calls a day (150+) and has the courage to speak with cold or warm leads
- Capability to plan and align work with quota goals and broader organizational goals
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, anytime between the hours of 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Infusionsoft we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.