Senior UX Researcher
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day…And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
Great user experience is best rooted in deep customer research & understanding, and is ultimately its own form of marketing. This unique role has cross-over from Marketing into Product and will collaborate heavily with Growth, Product Marketing, and Business Intelligence teams to reimagine how people get introduced to our brand and products. You will research prospects and customers, to serve up insights to collaborate on new marketing designs, tools, user flows, and experiences tailored to who our customers are and where they are in the buying process. Be a bridge builder between Marketing and Product initiatives to create a smooth path for new customers.
As the Senior UX Researcher you’ll blaze your own trail on the Creative & Content team within Marketing (or as we call ourselves, the C&C Marketing Factory). Work closely with a stellar team that’s a mix of designers, content creators, copywriters, developers, marketers, growth hackers, and multimedia. This role is lead by the Design Manager under the Director of Creative & Content.
The Senior UX Researcher will get to:
- Recommend & employ UX research methods before, during, and after iterative project cycles
- Develop, recruit for, and conduct studies with small business owners, prospects, customers, Partners, and internal stakeholders
- Produce data & insights to make marketing efforts more effective, valuable, and aligned with users’ needs and expectations
- Rally teams and stakeholders around data-based, divergent ways to serve customer & business needs at the same time, while advocating for UX best-practices
- Analyze & report on customer insights, then suggest data-based changes to improve UX/UI, grow the customer base, and increase retention
- Help identify the right new experiences to build by collaborating with strategists from Product, Product Marketing, Growth, and Business Intelligence teams
- Ideate & collaborate with designers on new journeys across our channels, website, free trial onboarding, demos, chatbots, email & in-app marketing, and other touchpoints uncovered via research
- Ideate & collaborate with designers on interactive experiences and tools to introduce our brand and explain our products simply, tailored for where people are in their buying decisions
- Spin up UX/UI tests & see projects come to life quickly – our flexible workflow and iterative approach focuses on consistent learning and improvement
- Lead & contribute to project-based sprints – aligning teams on discovery, exploration, testing, tactical execution, and customer listening to deliver results
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts through whiteboarding sessions, low-fidelity sketches, and hi-fidelity wireframes or prototypes
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams to build a cohesive, simple brand experience – infusing brand into marketing, and marketing into the product experience
The successful Senior UX Designer will:
- Use tried-and-true UX & research methodologies and have the flexibility to adapt them to sprint needs
- Identify & enroll the right contributors for projects as needed to build project-based teams
- Deeply research & understand prospects and customers by observing behavior, gathering data, and analyzing patterns
- Communicate research insights to the C&C team, stakeholders, and sometimes executives, ultimately improving design output and customer experiences
- Elicit ideas and buy-in through excellent listening, communication, and people skills
- Balance day-to-day output with achieving long-term goals
- Produce high quality work with little oversight
- Take initiative and find solutions to both obvious and hidden problems without being asked
- Nimbly adjust to change, be unafraid of taking risks, and embrace learnings from failures
- Courageously and thoughtfully push teams to deliver ideas that go beyond the status quo
- Ask good questions and educate team members on user research and user experience
- Respect data-driven decision-making and a performance-oriented work environmen
The ideal Senior UX Designer has:
- Strong experience with UX, research, and testing methodologies
- Comfortable directly leading designers, stakeholders, and participants through research cycles, sprints, and iterative projects
- Hands-on experience researching, synthesizing, and analyzing qualitative & quantitative data
- Hands-on experience architecting complex websites, mobile apps, or product dashboards
- Hands-on experience mapping out end-to-end customer journeys and running whiteboarding or wireframing sessions
- Hands-on experience with moderated and unmoderated testing tools & methods (like interviews, surveys, live observation, card sorts, and usability tests)
- Experience with wireframing or prototyping programs to visualize user flows & findings – more importantly, the flexibility to change processes and learn new software so the team runs efficiently
- Familiarity working with developers and designers
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Portfolio write-ups or case studies showing how you work through UX problems – not just the end result
The Senior UX Designer will join a team that:
- Holds high trust in each other and leads with positive intent
- Welcomes new ideas and collaboration across non-design disciplines
- Shares work and insight earlier, rather than later
- Celebrates wins and helps each other grow as designers and marketers
*Please provide links to examples of your work (such as Write-ups, decks, or case studies) showing how you work through UX problems – not just the end result.*
At Infusionsoft we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.