Financial Analyst, Growth and Operations
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day…And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
This Financial Analyst will play a key role in revenue forecasting and modeling, digging into insights to identify areas of growth opportunity for revenue expansion, and will be a key partner in helping the Customer Growth & Success organization make informed decisions with known financial impact.
- Support our internal teams who are responsible for creating simple and scalable processes that empower the organization with resources to allow them to do their jobs more effectively, by revamping financial analysis and identifying key areas of growth opportunity and cost efficiency for the business.
- Support budget owners during quarterly forecasting cycles and annual operating plan and during monthly Budget vs. Actuals reviews
- Build dashboards for and help design key metrics with the leaders of Growth Enablement and Operations.
Daily Execution Excellence
- Proactively monitor key indicators of the business in partnership with functional leaders to help drive fruitful Business Review discussions
- Deliver timely, accurate and relevant insights that help drive action
- Build collaborative relationships with functional leaders to maintain open communication and a service-oriented mindset
- Convert reports and dashboards into key business narratives that compel insight discovery
- Migrate manual reports and dashboards into more automated approaches
- Help reconcile report metrics to the formal financials and ensure they align with other instances of those metrics
- Play a key supporting role in the monthly and quarterly close and Board preparation processes
- Maintain a list of ongoing variance analysis drivers relative to plan and outlook to enable month and quarter-end reviews to be more efficiently prepared
Expertise and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 4 or more years experience as a Financial Analyst, or equivalent number of years combined Accountant/Auditor and Financial Analyst
- Highly proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and dealing with large sets of data
- Ability to learn new tools and technology and deploy them to efficient use in executing daily tasks
- Familiarity with budget cycles, monthly close processes and variance analysis
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- At least 3 years FP&A forecasting and advanced modeling of revenue and bookings preferred
- Experience in one of the following:, SaaS business acumen (SaaS metrics), pricing analysis, or cost/budget management (more than one is a bonus!)
- Experience with Anaplan, Looker, SQL, BigQuery or related planning/BI software with ability and willingness to learn new systems
- An established history of effective financial reporting with timely and measurable results
- Build relationships cross-departmentally to leverage resources when needed to accomplish goals
- Contribute positively to team dynamics
- Jump in to help on team initiatives when needed
- Actively engage in new learning opportunities
- Challenge “the way it has always been done”
- Continually assess and improve team processes
- Measures and reports accurate qualitative and quantitative data
- Reach out beyond the immediate need to share information that might be relevant
- Strong, effective communication skills, leading meetings and communicating directly with functional stakeholders
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, and ability to derive business insights from data
- The ability to question the output of a financial model, consider options for improvement, and proactively revamp model as needed
- A detail-oriented, self-motivated, and results-oriented with an ownership mentality
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and react quickly to ever-changing business needs
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, look, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; speak; listen; use hands to finger; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Usual days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, with extended hours seldom required to achieve a deadline.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.