Data Science Analyst
San Francisco, CA
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day…And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
As a Data Science Analyst, your day to day will include assisting the Data Science Team in all phases of the data science pipeline. This includes gathering and preparing data, feature engineering, modeling, productization, and on-going monitoring. You will also work with the analytics team to perform ad-hoc statistical analysis and extract actionable insights for analytics stakeholders.
- Help kickstart and be heavily involved in data science projects impacting orgs across the company
- Speed up productization of models by gathering and cleaning data, and engineering new features as possible inputs to final models
- Provide statistical analysis on business questions using tools like R and Python
Daily Execution Excellence
- Design, construct, and maintain highly scalable data science tools including:
- Use SQL and/or Spark to pull necessary modeling data, including necessary cleaning and preprocessing
- Exploring data to find interesting trends, actionable insights, and make recommendations
- Derive new features from existing data to improve model accuracy and stability
- Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis and extract actionable insights for analytics stakeholders
- Assist with preliminary modeling and hyperparameter tuning
- Productize models, and monitor model performance over time
- Find new opportunities for analytics and data science to provide value to stakeholders
- Work with the analytics team to build new analysis tools and metrics for measuring Infusionsoft as a business
- Interface with internal data customers to gather requirements
Expertise and Qualifications:
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, statistical analysis
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to quickly derive interesting correlations and insights
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure) and experience developing applications on the cloud platforms
- Knowledge of web frameworks to deploy applications (Flask, Pyramid)
- Experience with a modern DW technology (Redshift, Snowflake, Bigquery, Hadoop) and relevant data modeling best practices
- Strong programming skills (Python, R, SQL)
- Exposure to big data/NoSQL systems and the issues that arise from working with large data sets.
- A self-starter attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment.
- Experience with open-source data flow management (Luigi, Airflow) preferred
- Actively listen and check for understanding and commitment
- Perform with daily execution excellence, attention to detail, utmost accuracy, deadline-driven
- Assist in assessing risk, benefits and considerations of alternatives
- Continue to work through priorities without being prompted; proactive self-starter
- Conveys a thorough understanding of own organization’s strategies as well as its strengths,
weaknesses and opportunities
- Encourage a customer-focused mentality, including both internal customers and partners
- Can easily share project status updates at any given time
- Work with or lead others to re-prioritize work and reschedule commitments as necessary
- Contribute positively to team dynamics
- Manage change within immediate team and support larger change efforts
- Identify barriers to effective collaboration and escalate issues if unable to resolve
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, look, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; speak; listen; use hands to finger; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Usual days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, with extended hours seldom required to achieve a deadline.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.