Sr. AP Specialist
At Infusionsoft, we help small businesses succeed.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day…And often times, working at Infusionsoft is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 7 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the undisputed champion of small business success.
Together...we will replenish the middle class. We will elevate the worldwide economy. We will inspire kids to dream of becoming entrepreneurs.
We are the Growth Enablement Team (which includes People Operations, IT, and the Finance, Legal & Accounting Group!) and we are looking for a talented Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist to own the company’s full cycle payment process. Under the oversight of the Manager of Accounts Payable, this individual will be responsible for increasing efficiency and accuracy in our accounts payable processes. Additionally, this individual will provide any support needed during our month and year-end close processes, as well as external audits and other projects.
As part of the Growth Enablement Organization at Infusionsoft, we serve the business by partnering to enable growth for Infusionsoft’s internal customers (our employees) in a simple and scalable way. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of the purchase to pay (P2P) workflow, an ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, and a deep curiosity and passion for process improvement. This position will exercise a high level of accountability in performing assigned duties while delivering outstanding customer service.
- AP Payment Process; Manage the AP payment process paying vendors Net 30 and maintaining a clean AP Aging
- Ensure Proper Accounting Treatment for AP Transactions; Review all vendor bills and contracts for accurate coding and accruals, within 1 error
- Month/Year-End Closing; Ensure all tasks for month and year-end closes are completed accurately and on time per the AP close checklist and produce a reporting package monthly
- Own the full cycle payment process; coordinate spend with FP&A, prepare and process weekly check runs ensuring the accuracy of payments, including domestic and foreign wires, ACH, checks, PayPal and VCN
- Partner with internal teams to drive efficiencies in the P2P process
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to inquiries relating to routine and non-routine matters
- Take the initiative of researching, analyzing, and providing resolution to more complex issues regarding accounts payable activities
- Resolve payment issues, amended payments, positive pay inquiries, voids, and reissues, etc. using established guidelines and bank online software
- Escalate payment issues as needed to the Manager of Accounts Payable and/or VP, Corporate Controller
- Maintain accounts payable sub-ledger, resolving issues on a timely basis
- Research EFT payments
- Research stale dated checks and ensure the appropriate follow-up action is taken
- Review all vendor bill transactions to ensure proper coding by the AP Specialist
- Review new contracts for correct accounting treatment and accrual
- Manage vendor bill and purchase order approval workflows
- AP close process; responsible for completing flux analysis, preparing and recording vendor accruals, and assisting with monthly and year-end close as needed
- Provide monthly reporting on key accounts payable metrics to management; Perform data analysis as needed
- Propose and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and capacity of the AP department; provide an ongoing recommendation for best practice and strengthened controls
- Manage and complete all Accounts Payable projects as assigned
- Develop, document and maintain AP process documentation, policies, and procedures
- Assist with annual 1099 reporting
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end financial audit in the Accounts Payable area
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with full cycle AP
- Curiosity and passion; our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” is key
- International and domestic payment experience required
- Working knowledge of ERP and expense reporting applications; NetSuite and/or Concur experience a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- Experience in tech or comparable industries with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, complex, and ever-changing environment
- Ability to innovate and bring a desire to continuously improve systems and workflows
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented setting and collaborate with upper management, executives, AP team members, and business partners
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the company and with external vendors
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment
- Adept at thinking critically and analytically
- Able to manage stress and maintain composure
- A highly organized individual with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- You embrace and advocate the Infusionsoft culture and mission
What you’ll need to have/Competencies:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook & Excel) & Internet applications
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business partners
- Demonstrate collaborative and communicative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to think differently, experiment continuously, and lead change to drive innovation
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining a positive attitude
At Infusionsoft we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.