Senior UX Designer
San Francisco, CA
We help our customers succeed at small business by empowering them to get organized, personalize everything, and close more sales. We do this through a powerful and adaptable product, exceptional coaching, and an extensive Partner network. Over 30,000 small business owners trust us to power their businesses and grow their customer relationships. A word of warning: Infusionsoft isn't for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. You will be expected to push yourself, to make your mark and to strengthen our culture. To thrive here you'll need grit, humility, and a growth mindset. Join us and create the world that empowers small business.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior UX Designer to serve a vital role on the Creative & Content team within Marketing (or as we call ourselves, the C&C Marketing Factory). Infusionsoft has a bunch of projects in the pipeline, and an ongoing cycle of testing and reimagining our entire customer experience. Spend your days continually learning about our prospects and customers by creating, designing, and running user tests to optimize conversions. Reimagine omni-channel user flows to bridge the gap between a prospect’s research phase and first-time-use product experience. While this role influences product design, the main focus is on the marketing side. Work closely with a unique team that’s a mix of content creators, copywriters, developers, marketers, growth hackers, multimedia, and other designers. You’d report to the Design Manager under the Director of Creative and Content.
- Research. You’ll be expected to know our prospects and customers deeply and to serve up insights that drive successful designs and experiences
- Ideate. Create product-focused marketing strategies and interactive tools to educate, delight, and compel prospects to become customers
- Improve customer journeys. Work with the Product team to bridge the user experience from marketing to free trial. Gather usage insights and qualitative feedback to inform top of funnel strategies that help increase retention
- Test and iterate. Identify micro and macro tests to improve UI/UX for customers and reach business goals across infusionsoft.com, first-time-use of our product, and omni-channel experiences
- Deliver results. Develop experiences that exceed customer expectations, improve brand awareness and sentiment, and improve lifetime value of customers
- Own it – collaboratively. Work with stakeholders and C&C Marketing Factory team members to deliver on all project phases from concept (goals, test parameters) to final design (user journeys, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, UI, and design patterns) and implementation (QA, deployment).
Daily Execution Excellence
- Design iteratively and collaboratively across teams and departments while building strong cross-functional relationships in the spirit of serving small businesses – we check ego and agree that no idea is sacred
- Ask tough questions and challenge the default to drive designs and strategies that achieve measurable objectives
- Clearly present your work and intelligently defend your designs in a (real or digital) room full of designers and non-designers
- Accept critique with an open mind and actively listen to team and customer concerns with awareness of how decisions will affect the customer, product, team, and business as a whole
- Proactively identify and execute on design tests across infusionsoft.com, marketing channels, and product first-time-use experience to reach customers and prospects in new and delightful ways
- Use design thinking to affect decisions on a higher level and improve design workflows and communication with customers
- Develop and champion best practices in user experience design, interface design, and branding
- Teach teammates and provide feedback on customer experience and visual design
- Have a strong portfolio that shows how you think – not just what you’ve made
- Lead by example in craftsmanship, accountability, and behavior
- Take initiative and find solutions to both obvious and hidden problems without being asked
- Inspire invention and innovation by keeping up to date with new tech in UX/UI, visual design, advertising, chat, and product design
- Build beautifully organized Sketch files and exhibit excellent time management skills
- Nimbly adjust to change, are unafraid of taking risks, and embrace learnings from failures
- Courageously and thoughtfully push teams to deliver ideas that go beyond the status quo
- Respect data-driven decision-making and a performance-oriented work environment
- A passion for helping small businesses succeed
- 5–7 years of UX/UI or Product Design experience creating desktop and mobile user flows, websites, web applications, and product experiences (chatbot experience a plus)
- Strong foundation in interaction, typography, and visual design principles
- Empathy for people and a strong understanding of responsive, device-agnostic, and user-centered design
- Experience designing solutions that weave brand personality and delightful customer experiences together
- Experience with iterative design processes and prototyping through tools such as InVision, Overflow, and/or Principle and advanced experience with Sketch and Adobe
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with developers and other designers
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS (development experience is a plus but not required)
Please provide links to examples of your work as well as your portfolio in order to be considered.
At Infusionsoft we celebrate diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our products, our community, and to help small businesses succeed. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any legally protected status.
Helping small businesses succeed
That’s our single most important purpose, and it’s more than just writing on the wall. It’s in the hearts and minds of our employees, and is the burning passion that fuels us to consistently innovate, drive change, and grow ourselves beyond our wildest dreams. To be a part of Infusionsoft is to join a cause bigger than yourself, and we think that’s pretty rad!
We believe in people and their dreams at Infusionsoft. So much so, we have a dedicated Dream Program that empowers our employees to think big and achieve those dreams—both personally and professionally. Want help setting achievable goals to reach your dreams? Our designated Dream Manager is here to help. Want a space to write out your dreams to spring them into action? Yeah, we have a Dream Room for that.
Flexibility & balance
At Infusionsoft, it’s not as much about the time put in or where the work is done as it is about the results achieved. We encourage employees to spend time on (and with) the things that are important to them outside of their careers, so we offer a flexible PTO plan and work-from-home policy that makes that a possibility. Need time off for a vacation to Belize? A mental health day to recharge your batteries? It’s all good as long as it’s a win for you, your team, our customers, and the company.
Helping 5 million small businesses succeed worldwide takes a lot of hustle, and celebrating wins along the way is just a way of life here. We work hard, support one another, and have some fun while we’re at it. Curious about what a peek into #infusionlife looks like? Think team builders, spring training outings, a fully stocked cereal bar, a Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong tournaments, an indoor football field meeting area, 24-hour hackathons, Food Truck Fridays, happy hours, even breakfast with one of our execs, just to name a few—phew.
We understand how important it is to have top-notch benefits, and offer a comprehensive package that supports our employees and their families. This includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Stock options for every employee
- Life insurance
- Bonus programs
- Well-being program
- And so much more!
Dedication to diversity & inclusion
We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Infusionsoft is an environment focused on inclusion and education—whether that’s hosting diversity weeks highlighting different cultures, or holding professional workshops for our Empow(her) group that celebrates and supports women in the workplace.